The following is an abridged version of some aspects of my Curriculum Vitae. It is not intended to be a comprehensive listing and has been edited to keep it reasonably brief. If you would like to see a copy of my full Curriculum Vitae, please contact me with your details.
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade - Trainer AIMS Project (November 2017 - Current contract)
- Te Rito Maioha Early Childhood New Zealand - eLearning Advisor (June 2016 - January 2017)
- Te Rito Maioha Early Childhood New Zealand - eLearning Specialist (May 2014 - January 2016)
- Department of Internal Affairs (October 2012 - October 2013) - Senior Instructional Designer, Passport Service Redevelopment Programme (1 year contract)
- New Zealand Defence Force (April 2011 - December 2011) - Team Leader, Knowledge and Information Management, Training and Education Directorate
- Massey University (December 1999 - December 2010)
- Flexible Learning and Teaching Manager, College of Humanities and Social Sciences (May 2009 - Dec 2010)
- E-Learning Facilitator, College of Humanities and Social Sciences (Dec 2002 - May 2009, 4 days/week)
- Online Learning and Multimedia Consultant/Manager, Advanced Technology Teaching Research Unit (Dec 1999 – Dec 2002)
- Parkside Media (December 2001 - August 2007) - Freelance Multimedia Writer, New Zealand Macguide Magazine
- Palmerston North Intermediate Normal School (Feb 1997 – Nov 1999) - Network Administrator/Information Technology Teacher/Relieving Teacher
- Six years teaching in the United Kingdom and 3 years teaching in New Zealand prior to this
- Master of Education in Distance and Online Education (First Class Honours), Massey University - 2010
- Postgraduate Diploma in Social Sciences (in Computer Science), Massey University - 1998
- Bachelor of Education, Massey University - 1987
- Trained Teacher's Certificate, New Zealand Department of Education - 1987
- Diploma of Teaching, Palmerston North Teachers College - 1987
- Keynote speaker - LearnX Conference (www.learnx.net) in Sydney, Australia in 2010.
- Appointed New Zealand's first Adobe Education Leader (Higher Education) in 2009.
- Attended Adobe Education Leaders Summer Institute at Adobe HQ, San Jose, California in 2009.
- Presented at the Adobe Education Leadership Forum in Kuala Lumpur at the request of Adobe Systems, 2008.
- Appointed a Flexible Learning Leader in New Zealand in 2004.
Proficient user of:
- Adobe Connect, Adobe Presenter and Adobe Captivate
- Microsoft Office Mix
- Learning Management Systems - Moodle and Totara LMS
- Web-based and traditional video conferencing systems
- Website, multimedia and CD/DVD creation software
- Podcasting and video compression
- Open source and commercial Content Management Systems
- FileMaker Pro Database
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Multimedia screen capture tools
- Apache, PHP, MySQL, Citrix, SharePoint and Virtual Private Server operations
- Mac OS X, iOS and Xcode Integrated Development Environment and Dashcode (Mac OS X Widgets)